Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Favourite Restaurants

Visiting Singapore and don't know where you will get vegetarian food ? Cannot decide where to go for dinner ? Well, let me help you. Listed down are some of my favourite restaurants in Singapore.

Modestos
An italian restaurant. Had blogged about it earlier here. My first love (if I can call it that) in Singapore.
www.modestos.com.sg

Marche
Awesome food and amazing Swiss market theme. I just LOVED it! And they have hot cross buns!

Lemon Grass
They best Thai food that I have eaten outside Thailand! I just cannot wait to go there again.
www.lemongrass.com.sg

Bread Talk
Oh! Its a treat for bread lovers! I was so taken in when I saw this place the first time and two and half years down the line, I still feel the same way. I literally drool whenever I pass in front of their outlets!

Cafe Iguana
The best Mexican food that I have had in Singapore. Overlooking the river and situated in the very happening Clarke Quay, its a must visit. Very colourful paper napkins. I just don't feel like using them.
www.cafeiguana.com

The Soup Spoon
Wonderful soups which you can make a complete meal out of. For the vegetarians they have the following soups - Roasted pumpkin (highly recommended), Meatless minestone, Tangy tomato and Mushroom. Also worth trying is their mezze platter!
www.thesoupspoon.com

Cafe LeCaire
Yummy Mediterranean food! The 'babaghanush' in particular requires special mention. Did you know they make them from eggplants ? I had no idea!! :O
ww.cafelecaire.com

Green Connection @ Melleos place
Chinese vegetarian food. Lots of emphasis on organic ingredients and healthy food. Just the place to visit for all those people who are vegetarians but would like to try some local food!
www.melleosplace.com

4 comments:

Urv said...

I think I need to visit Singapore :)

chanakya said...

Veg food right?

Original Sin has to be the best I have ever eaten at in Singapore.
Their tofu does not taste like the regular tofu you get here. Its simply amazing and their wine collection.

http://www.originalsin.com.sg/

Though I am a non veg Original Sin is the only veg restaurant you will find me in.

Urv said...

Hey! You have been tagged :)

Anonymous said...

That's great information. :-) Will be useful when (if) I visit Singapore. :-)