Thursday, September 20, 2007

Quitting my first job

Quitting my previous job was such a wierd experience. That was my first job after college and I was at it for almost 4 years. It just feels so wierd to say 'ex-office', 'ex-colleagues', etc. When I came out of my office (oops... ex-office) building on the last day, that's when it actually struck me that I may never step foot inside that building again, never sit at my cubicle again, may never work with the set of people or never work in front of my office PC. Oh!! My Office PC!! I so miss that amazing, superfast and sleek piece of electronics! I so hope the PC at my new office is going be the similar or better :) It was quite a sentimental drive back home from office on that day.

There are so many things that I miss about my ex-job. In particular, I really miss the post lunch walk session with M, having coffee/tea on terrace and doing general yakkity-yak with H, playing the fool along with A, D and G, technical and time-pass discussions with my ex-team members N, C, S and Y. Oh! I am so gonna miss you people and the familiar and comfortable things.


Here's a toast for all the wonderful things that have happened in my life in the last four years after I joined my first job and more than that for meeting and interacting with all the amazing people during the course of those four years.


*clink*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling. But remember - there was a reason why you quit.

Good luck with your new job. :-)

Pixie said...

Totally know that feeling!
All the very best with your new job!

Gargs said...

I so empathise with one bit of ur post.. the office gadgets...
i miss my office PC and the sexy Cisco phone :-(((
its unfair tht they dont let u take wht u cherish the most at work :-(

PizzaDude said...

@jnarin:
Yup, that's how I reasoned too.
Thanks!

@pixie:
Thanks! :)

@gargs:
Haa Haa Haa :))