Monday, October 12, 2009

The nicknames

Recently I started thinking about the different nicknames that are usually associated with me. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I have so many nicknames. In an effort that I don't forget them (and that I need to update my blog more regularly), here they are and the story behind them.

1. Pizzadude - My online name. I didn't come up with this name actually. Instead, it was coined by a close friend of mine, after he discovered my LOVE for pizzas. I don't think he even remembers that he coined this name. Pills, thanks so much for inspiring my online identity.

2. Chinnu - My family calls me by this name. Soon my friends caught on to this and I am now frequently referred by this name.

3. Chinoto - Coined by Sri, my ex-flatmate. He saw the name on the drinks menu at Pasta Fresca and became obsessed with it and started referring to me that way. Now, the other ex-flatmate also refers to me by this name.

4. Thai-chi - Again coined by Sri, after he discovered my unconditional love for Thai food!

5. Aloo Bhujia Controller Confiscator Dude (ABCD) - Coined by Shub. Story here.

6. Aloobun Dude - Coined by Shub after I made here jealous by eating aloo bun (got by ex-flatmate from Bangalore) and not giving it to her.

7. Thames - Coined by Sumanthe, after noticing my supposedly angrezi behaviour/mannerisms.

8. Thudson - Coined by Viv. During dinner one day, my friends were referring to me as Thames as usual. I opined that since I prefer US to UK, I should be called as Hudson. This prompted Viv to refer to me as Thud-son, with a resounding thud on my back!

9. Joey - Coined by Sash, after the character of Joey Tribbiani from F.R.I.E.N.D.S., when she found out about my love for pizzas and food and for typical Joey like behaviour.

10. Veshtiman - Story here.

8 comments:

Lively said...

I think I liek Thudson!! Ha ha sounds like a heavy person.

Anonymous said...

yeah .. i guess thudson is like the english version of some punjabi dude thumping his thighs before some wrestling match :D

shub said...

seee pd? :)

Sayesha said...

Joey, I LOVE this post! :D

PizzaDude said...

@Lively, @anon:
LOL!!!

@Shub:
Hmmm... Nopes.

@Sayesha:
Awwwww!! So sweet of you *hugs*

Mango Man said...

Sweetest post :-)
I liked ABCD :D

Sriganesh, said...

Mr. Chinox.....I am promoting your blog....sending the link to all my NUS friends.....to help them decide where to eat! :P

PizzaDude said...

@Mango Man:
Thanks! :D

@Sriganesh:
Hehehe! Glad to be of help! :D